On 15 January 2020, Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) Commissioners agreed to extend the transition period of the CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations for learner cohorts in Queensland until 1 July 2020.
This extension is granted to registered training organisations (RTOs) delivering the qualification to learner cohorts in Queensland, where the learner is undertaking the firearms unit. Students wishing to enrol in a security training course not requiring the weapons licence could be disadvantaged as the new CPP20218 qualification is available to study.
All students are strongly encouraged to call our office on (07) 3133 0249 during business hours to discuss the best training pathway for their personal requirements before enrolling in this course.
These units of competency are designed to be delivered through a 5 day face-to-face training package and are elective units.After successful completion of this course you will have the knowledge and skills to apply for a Queensland Security License (Guard) – Employee (Category C, E & H) licence through Queensland Police.
This will allow you to apply for employment in armed security guard positions.
Methods of Delivery
5 day face-to-face training
This course is delivered from 8:30am until 5:00pm on selected days. The total duration of inhouse training takes place over 4 days with 1 day of live range firing at selected indoor and outdoor firing ranges.
Minimum Requirements for Eligibility
To be eligible for this course you are required to meet to the following criteria:
- Have completed and provide evidence of completion within the last 6 (six) months of a Certificate III in Security Operations with modules:
- 1) CPPSEC3002A- Manage conflict through negotiation
- 2) CPPSEC3003A – Determine response to security risk situation
- 3) CPPSEC3007A – Maintain security of environment
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or resident documented with a passport, citizenship certificate or green medicare card (Must provide at least 1 document)
- Prove your identity documented with a drivers license, 18+ proof of age card, keypass card or passport (Must provide at least 1 document)
- 18 years of age or older documented with a drivers license, 18+ proof of age card, keypass card or passport (Must provide at least 1 document
Advance-Forward RTO#45256 IS NOT CRICOS approved and therefore cannot accept international students
Our Springwood location is a 5 minute walk from the Springwood Bus Stop, we are a direct exit off the M1 Motorway heading south and around the corner from Arndale Shopping Centre. There is also plenty of parking available near our location.
Our Toowoomba location is just off the Warrego Highway approximately 5 minutes drive from Toowoomba City. There is plenty of parking available onsite and purchases can be made from the BP truck stop service station.
Both locations provide coffee, tea, water and milk. These amenities are provided to students free of charge. Our locations also provide a fridge and microwave.
Recommended Prior Preparation
These criteria are offered as a guideline for students wishing to participate in the Armed Guard Cash-in-Transit course. The ability to participate in the course is the full responsibility of the candidate.
- Average fitness level and can stand for extended periods (more than 40 minutes)
- Adopt various shooting positions safely and be able to rise unassisted while maintaining control of the firearms including transition to or from kneeling, lying or sitting positions and the ability to rise unassisted
- Have adequate hand/finger grip & strength to safely and effectively manipulate firearm during recoil and with both master and non-master hands
- – Have sufficient eyesight to focus clearly on sights and visually determine between friend/foe targets at distances up to 15m (corrective lenses permitted)
- Must be able to wear safety glasses whilst on the range (mandatory)
- Ability to hear range commands whilst wearing hearing protection (mandatory)
- Ability to give strong verbal commands clearly
Units of Competency
Upon successful completion of the course you will be provided with a Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency. To achieve this qualification you will be required to complete and demonstrate an understanding of the following units of competency through written assessments, verbal assessments, practical display assessments and case scenarios.
- CPPSEC3050A – Load and unload cash-in-transit in an unsecured environment
- CPPSEC3051A – Implement cash-in-transit procedures
- CPPSEC3052A – Inspect and test cash-in-transit security equipment
- CPPSEC3008A – Control security risk situations using firearms (weapons categories: C, E & H)
Upon Successful Completion of this Course
After successful completion of this course you will have the knowledge and skills to apply for a Queensland Security License (Guard) – Employee (Category C, E & H) licence through Queensland Police.
This course will also provide you with multiple opportunities to practice and present good communication skills, teamwork, problem solving, initiatives and enterprise, planning and organisation, self-management, effective learning skills and information about the newest security law, legislation and security technology
All our courses are presented by experienced trainers who have relevant industry experience and the knowledge to assist you to become proficient in the use of security firearms legislation and procedures.
If you receive a non-satisfactory completion at the end of the course you will be provided with a second opportunity to complete the theory portion at no cost. If you are required to re-attend a live firing range this is at a cost of $250 per session. Our trainers will use all available facilities to assist you in reaching a satisfactory grading. We do not guarantee the successful completion of this course, however, we will provide you with the full support from our expert trainers for you to achieve the best possible outcome.
Advance-Forward is not an employment agency. However, a written reference may be applied for by the student within 2 (two) weeks after the successful completion of the course.
After the successful receipt of your Armed Guard Cash-in-Transit Statement of Attainment you may be eligible to apply for the required licences to work as a security guard in armed security positions.
The cost for the Armed Guard Cash-in-Transit units of competency is $995.
Bank transfers, PayPal, Cash payments or EFT/Credit card facilities are available. Payment plans are available for students to download and apply for on our website www.adv-fwd.com.au. These payment plans are subject to approval by our accounts department and are not guaranteed to be approved.
A deposit of $200 is required upon your enrolment, unless other arrangements have been approved, with refunds available as per our refund policy. A copy of our refund policy can be downloaded from our website at www.adv-fwd.com.au or a hard copy can be viewed in our student handbook.
Statement of Attainment
All statement of attainment and certificate’s issued by Advance-Forward Pty Ltd are Nationally Recognized Training.
Statement of Attainment’s and/or Certificate’s will be provided in an electronic form with a hardcopy available to collect or send via post. Express Post incurs $12.50 charge.
Statement of Attainment’s and/or Certificate’s can take up to 28 days to process. We will not “rush” Statement of Attainment’s and/or Certificate’s under any circumstances to allow for thorough marking, feedback and assessment.
Recognition of Prior Learning Policy
Credit Transfer Application
All students are required to provide us with your USI number issued by the training authority. If you do not have a USI number please go to http://www.usi.gov.au and follow the prompts to apply for a USI number. Once we receive your USI we will provide you with a copy of our student handbook.