This Nationally Recognized Training course is designed to be delivered through a 14 day face-to-face training package. We will offer you the required volume of learning as per the ASQA standards. Learning will be dependent on your previous knowledge and experience and will be assessed on an individual basis. The Australian Qualifications Framework table for volume of learning can be found here: AQF Volume of Learning.
After successful completion of this course you will be deemed competent with the knowledge and skills to be awarded the CPP20212 – Certificate II in Security Operations.
Students are required to complete an Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) pre-course assessment and an online pre-training review.
Methods of Delivery
14 day face-to-face training
This course is delivered through directed training over 3 weeks. This course is presented and documented in English.
The first and second weeks are delivered from 8:30am until 5:00pm Monday to Friday with a half an hour lunch break. The third week is delivered from 8:30am until 5:00pm Monday to Thursday with a half an hour lunch break. To meet required volume of learning you will be requested an additional 100 hours home study.
Minimum Requirements for Eligibility
To be eligible for this course you are required to meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Resident documented with a Passport, Citizenship Certificate or Green Medicare Card (Must provide at least 1 Document)
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or resident documented with a passport, Citizenship Certificate or green Medicare Card (must provide at least 1 Document)
- Prove your identity documented with a drivers license, 18+ Proof of Age Card, Keypass Card or passport (must provide at least 1 Document)
- 18 years of age or older documented with a drivers license, 18+ Proof of Age Card, Keypass Card or passport (must provide at least 1 Document)
Advance-Forward RTO45256 IS NOT CRICOS approved and therefore cannot accept international students
Our location is a 5 minute walk from the Springwood Bus Stop, we are a direct exit off the M1 Motorway heading south and around the corner from Arndale Shopping Centre. There is also plenty of parking available near our location.
Units of Competency
There are 12 units of competency to be awarded CPP20212 – Certificate II in Security Operations. These consist of 7 core units and 5 elective units as below:
- CPPSEC2001A Communicate effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2002A Follow workplace safety procedures in the security industry
- CPPSEC2003B Work effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2004B Respond to security risk situation
- CPPSEC2005A Work as part of a security team
- CPPSEC2006B Provide security services to clients
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid
- CPPSEC2011B Control access to and exit from premises
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol premises
- CPPSEC2017A Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
Upon Successful Completion of this Course
To ensure that you have the best possible chance to apply for a Crowd Controller License with the Qld Office of Fair Trading, a Statement of Attainment will be issued for the following additional CPP30411 – Certificate III in Security Operations units.
- CPPSEC3002A – Manage Conflict Through Negotiation
- CPPSEC3003A – Determine Response to security Risk Situation
- CPPSEC3007A – Maintain security of Environment
- CPPSEC3013A – Control Persons Using Empty Handed Techniques
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
The requirements to apply for a Qld Crowd Controller License regulated by the Office of Fair Trading can be found here Qld Requirements for Crowd Controller License.
This course will also provide you with multiple opportunities to apply appropriate communication skills, teamwork, problem solving, initiatives and enterprise, planning and organization, self-management, effective learning skills and information about the newest security law, legislation and security technology.
All our courses are presented by experienced trainers who have relevant industry experience and the knowledge to assist you to become a successful crowd controller and security guard.
If you receive a non-satisfactory completion at the end of the course, you will be provided with a second opportunity to complete the course satisfactorily at no cost. Our trainers will use all available facilities to assist you in reaching a satisfactory grading. We do not guarantee the successful completion of this course, however we will provide you with the full support from our expert trainers for you to achieve the best possible outcome.
Advance-Forward is not an employment agency.
Upon a successful completion of CPP20212 -Certificate II in Security Operations, you may be able to apply to the Office of Fair Trading for a Crowd Controller or Security Guard License. As part of this process you will be sent a letter from the Qld police requiring you to attend your local police station to undertake fingerprinting and a Criminal History Check.
After the successful receipt of your Crowd Controller or Security Guard license which may be issued to you by the Qld Office of Fair Trading previous students have found employment in a variety of areas including shopping centres, mine sites, nightclubs, static guard, mobile guard, TAFE’s and schools.
The cost for CPP20212 – Certificate II in Security Operations is $695.
Payment options by way of bank transfer (EFT), PayPal, cash or EFTPOS/credit card are available. A deposit of $100 is required upon your enrolment, with refunds available as per our refund policy. required upon your enrolment, unless other arrangements have been approved, with refunds available as per our refund policy (link this to relevant refunds page).
Payment plans are available subject to approval by our accounts department and are not guaranteed to be approved. Your Certificate/Statement of Attainment cannot be supplied to you until payment is made in full.
A hard copy can be viewed in your student handbook.
All students are required to provide us with your USI number issued by the training authority. If you do not have a USI number please go to http://www.usi.gov.au and follow the prompts to apply for a USI number. Once we receive your USI we will provide you with a copy of our student handbook. You will be required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy appraisal prior to the commencement of the course.