All students must have a current armed security officer license and provide a copy of such
This armed security officer annual refresher training is split into 2 components (theory and practical). Blended training allows the student to complete the theory portion online and complete the practical training in an inclass environment. Total duration of training to be undertaken within 3 (three) months. The average completion time is within 1 (one) week.After successful completion of this course you will have the knowledge and skills to re-apply for a Queensland Security License (Guard) – Employee (Categories C, E or H or multiple categories) licence through Queensland Police.
This will allow you to apply for or retain employment in armed security officer positions.
Methods of Delivery
This course theory is completed online. After successful completion of the theory, 1 day of live range firing at selected indoor and outdoor firing ranges.
Minimum Requirements for Eligibility
To be eligible for this course you are required to meet to the following criteria:
- Hold a valid Queensland security providers license with Cash-in-transit endorsed
- Hold a current QLD armed guard license
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or resident documented with a passport, citizenship certificate or green medicare card (Must provide at least 1 document)
- Prove your identity documented with a drivers license, 18+ proof of age card, keypass card or passport (Must provide at least 1 document)
- 18 years of age or older documented with a drivers license, 18+ proof of age card, keypass card or passport (Must provide at least 1 document
Advance-Forward RTO#45256 IS NOT CRICOS approved and therefore cannot accept international students
Our Springwood location is a 5 minute walk from the Springwood Bus Stop, we are a direct exit off the M1 Motorway heading south, in the Highpoint business centre. There is also plenty of onsite parking available.
Our Toowoomba location is just off the Warrego Highway approximately 5 minutes drive from Toowoomba City. There is plenty of parking available onsite and purchases can be made from the BP truck stop service station.
Both locations provide coffee, tea, water and milk. These amenities are provided to students free of charge. Our locations also provide a fridge and microwave.
Recommended Prior Preparation
These criteria are offered as a guideline for students wishing to participate in the Armed security officer refresher course. The ability to participate in the course is the full responsibility of the candidate.
- Average fitness level and can stand for extended periods (more than 40 minutes)
- Adopt various shooting positions safely and be able to rise unassisted while maintaining control of the firearms including transition to or from kneeling, lying or sitting positions and the ability to rise unassisted
- Have adequate hand/finger grip & strength to safely and effectively manipulate firearm during recoil and with both master and non-master hands
- – Have sufficient eyesight to focus clearly on sights and visually determine between friend/foe targets at distances up to 15m (corrective lenses permitted)
- Must be able to wear safety glasses whilst on the range (mandatory)
- Ability to hear range commands whilst wearing hearing protection (mandatory)
- Ability to give strong verbal commands clearly
Units of Competency
Upon successful completion of the course you will be provided with a Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency. To achieve this qualification you will be required to complete and demonstrate an understanding of the following units of competency through written assessments, verbal assessments, practical display assessments and case scenarios.
The final course unit, CPPSEC3114 Control security risk situations using firearms, has the following compulsory prerequisites (this prerequisites you complete must be for the specific categories of firearms you are applying for the licence, for example categories C, E or H (revolver and/or semi-automatic):
- CPPSEC3115 – Carry, operate and maintain revolvers for security purposes
- CPPSEC3116 – Carry, operate and maintain semi-automatic pistols for security purposes
- CPPSEC3117 – Carry, operate and maintain shotguns for security purposes
- CPPSEC3131 – Select, use and maintain body armour for security purposes
The relevant units of competency from the course in firearms safety NAT11029
Upon Successful Completion of this Course
After successful completion of this course you will have the knowledge and skills to re-apply for a Queensland Security License (Guard) – Employee (Category C, E & H) licence through Queensland Police.
This course will also provide you with multiple opportunities to practice and present good communication skills, teamwork, problem solving, initiatives and enterprise, planning and organisation, self-management, effective learning skills and information about the newest security law, legislation and security technology
All our courses are presented by experienced trainers who have relevant industry experience and the knowledge to assist you to become proficient in the use of security firearms legislation and procedures.
If you receive a non-satisfactory completion at the end of the course you will be provided with a second opportunity to complete the theory portion at no cost. If you are required to re-attend a live firing range this is at a cost of $250 per session. Our trainers will use all available facilities to assist you in reaching a satisfactory grading. We do not guarantee the successful completion of this course, however, we will provide you with the full support from our expert trainers for you to achieve the best possible outcome.
Advance-Forward is not an employment agency. However, a written reference may be applied for by the student within 2 (two) weeks after the successful completion of the course.
After the successful receipt of your Armed Guard Statement of Attainment you may be eligible to apply for the required licences to work as a security guard in armed security positions.
The cost for the Armed Guard Course (No Cash-in-transit) units of competency is $275.00.
We accept payment by bank transfers, PayPal, Cash payments or EFT/Credit card facilities are available. Afterpay is available onsite only. Payment plans are not available for this course.
A deposit of $50 is required upon your enrolment, unless other arrangements have been approved, with refunds available as per our refund policy. A copy of our refund policy can be downloaded from our website at www.adv-fwd.com.au or a hard copy can be viewed in our student handbook.
Statement of Attainment
All statement of attainment and certificate’s issued by Advance-Forward Pty Ltd are Nationally Recognized Training.
Statement of Attainment’s and/or Certificate’s will be provided in an electronic form with a hardcopy available to collect or send via post. Express Post incurs $12.50 charge.
Statement of Attainment’s and/or Certificate’s can take up to 28 days to process. We will not “rush” Statement of Attainment’s and/or Certificate’s under any circumstances to allow for thorough marking, feedback and assessment.
Recognition of Prior Learning Policy
Credit Transfer Application
All students are required to provide us with your USI number issued by the training authority. If you do not have a USI number please go to http://www.usi.gov.au and follow the prompts to apply for a USI number. Once we receive your USI we will provide you with a copy of our student handbook.