CPP20218 – Certificate II in Security Operations
This qualification reflects the skills and knowledge of a security guard / officer. Responsibilities include maintaining safety & security by patrolling, protecting or guarding property while unarmed and screen entry, monitoring behaviour and removing persons from premises.After successful completion of this course you will be deemed competent with the knowledge and skills to be awarded the CPP20218 – Certificate II in Security Operations.
Methods of Delivery
14 day face-to-face training
The first and second weeks are delivered from 8:30am until 5:00pm Monday to Friday with a half an hour lunch break. The third week is delivered from 8:30am until 5:00pm Monday to Thursday with a half an hour lunch break. To meet required volume of learning you will be requested an additional 100 hours home study.
Self-paced training (full fee students only)
This training is split into 2 components (theory and practical). Self-paced delivery allows the student to complete the theory portion online and complete the practical training in an inclass environment. Total duration of training to be undertaken within 6 (six) months.
Minimum Requirements for Eligibility
To be eligible for this course you are required to meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Resident documented with a Passport, Citizenship Certificate or Green Medicare Card (Must provide at least 1 Document)
- Prove your identity documented with a Drivers License, 18+ Proof of Age Card, Keypass Card or Passport (Must provide at least 1 Document)
- 18 years of age or older documented with a drivers license, 18+ Proof of Age Card, Keypass Card or passport (must provide at least 1 Document)
- Completed Highschool Grade 10 or higher
Units of Competency
Upon successful completion of the course you will be provided with a Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency. To achieve this qualification you will be required to complete and demonstrate an understanding of the following unit of competency through written assessments, verbal assessments and practical display assessments and case scenarios.
- CPPSEC2101 – Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
- CPPSEC2102 – Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
- CPPSEC2103 – Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
- CPPSEC2104 – Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
- CPPSEC2105 – Provide quality services to a range of security clients
- CPPSEC2106 – Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
- CPPSEC2107 – Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
- CPPSEC2108 – Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
- CPPSEC2109 – Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
- CPPSEC2110 – Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
- CPPSEC2111 – Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
- CPPSEC2112 – Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
- CPPSEC2113 – Escort and protect persons and valuables
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
Upon Successful Completion of this Course
After successful completion of this course you will have the requirements to apply for a Qld Crowd Controller License regulated by the Office of Fair Trading.
This course will also provide you with multiple opportunities to apply appropriate communication skills, teamwork, problem solving, initiatives and enterprise, planning and organisation, self-management, effective learning skills and information about the newest security law, legislation and security technology.
All our courses are presented by experienced trainers who have relevant industry experience and the knowledge to assist you to become a successful crowd controller and security guard.
If you receive a non-satisfactory completion at the end of the course, you will be provided with a second opportunity to complete the course satisfactorily at no cost. Our trainers will use all available facilities to assist you in reaching a satisfactory grading. We do not guarantee the successful completion of this course, however we will provide you with the full support from our expert trainers for you to achieve the best possible outcome.
Advance-Forward is not an employment agency. However, written references may be applied for by the student within 2 (two) weeks after the successful completion of the course.
Upon a successful completion of CPP20218 – Certificate II in Security Operations, you may be able to apply to the Office of Fair Trading for a Crowd Controller and/or Unarmed Security Guard License. As part of this process you will be sent a letter from the Qld police requiring you to attend your local police station to undertake fingerprinting and a Criminal History Check.
After the successful receipt of your Crowd Controller or Security Guard license which may be issued to you by the Qld Office of Fair Trading previous students have found employment in a variety of areas including shopping centres, mine sites, nightclubs, static guard, mobile guard, TAFE’s and schools.
- Security officer – unarmed guard
- Security officer – crowd controller
Pathways to Further Learning
- Armed guard
- Close Personal Protection
- Control room operations
- Guard Dog Handling
Our Brisbane location is a 5 minute walk from the Springwood Bus Stop, we are a direct exit off the M1 Motorway heading south and around the corner from Arndale Shopping Centre. There is also plenty of parking available near our location.
Our Toowoomba location is a 5 minute drive from Toowoomba City. We are a direct exit off the Warrego Highway heading west just near the new Toowoomba Bypass at Charlton. There is also plenty of parking available near our location.
Fee for Service
The cost for CPP20218 – Certificate II in Security Operations is $995.
Bank transfers are available, PayPal is available, cash payments are available or EFT/credit card facilities are available. Payment plans are available for students to download and apply for on our website www.adv-fwd.com.au. These payment plans are subject to approval by our accounts department and are not guaranteed to be approved. Payment plans are subject to approval and your Certificate/Statement of Attainment will not be sent out until payments are made in full.
A deposit of $300 is required upon your enrolment, unless other arrangements have been approved, with refunds available as per our refund policy. A copy of our refund policy can be downloaded from our website at www.adv-fwd.com.au or a hard copy can be viewed in our student handbook.
We understand that coming up with the full fee can sometimes be daunting or feel impossible so we will try to relieve some of the pressure by providing a payment plan to students who meet the requirements – Which is why we have made sure there are no extra or hidden fees and charges associated with the payment plan. A copy of our payment plan application form can be found on our website at www.adv-fwd.com.au or emailed/posted to you upon request.
All statement of attainment and certificate’s issued by Advance-Forward Pty Ltd are Nationally Recognized Training.
Statement of Attainment’s and/or Certificate’s will be provided in an electronic form with a hardcopy available to collect or send via post. Express Post incurs $12.50 charge.
Statement of Attainment’s and/or Certificate’s can take up to 28 days to process. We will not “rush” Statement of Attainment’s and/or Certificate’s under any circumstances to allow for thorough marking, feedback and assessment.
Recognition Of Prior Learning Policy
Credit Transfer Application
All students are required to provide us with your USI number issued by the training authority. If you do not have a USI number please go to http://www.usi.gov.au and follow the prompts to apply for a USI number. Once we receive your USI we will provide you with a copy of our student handbook.